photo from flickr

Monday, February 23, 2009

the meaning behind the name

Yay! A new blog! A place to record thoughts, inspiration, ideas - or whatever! Thanks for stopping by. :)

So...a few notes about it's name. It all started years and years ago when I discovered this place. The Crumpet Shop is probably one of my all time favorite little corners of the world, and I just don't get to go there often enough. Jon and I have made crumpets quite a few times, but because it's super duper time consuming, it hasn't happened in oh, about 6 1/2 years. Hmmm....wonder why that is...???
When I was a little girl, my mom started my love of ricotta cheese. Here is a yummy crumpet with ricotta and honey. Bliss. Add a pot of strong black tea and I'm all set.

And now on to the "crown" part. A few years ago I discovered this poster, which has been hanging in my house ever since. Love the words, love the color and love the crown. Every time I walk by my poster I breath a big sigh.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Love it! Is this near Pike Place Market? Do you have a crumpet recipe I can try and perhaps share on my site?

dawn klinge said...

I love that phrase...keep calm and carry on. Definitely something to I'd like to aim for in my life. :) This new blog of yours is going to be so much fun to read!

themagiconions said...

I also love the words on your sign... I wish I had one in my house sometimes.