photo from flickr

Monday, March 30, 2009

repurposing with milk glass

Remember this? It's the lovely creamy white stuff called milk glass. Countless times I've walked right by it at thrift and antique stores completely ignoring it. No longer. I just discovered that you can add a little tea light or two, (depending on the size of the container), and it gives a wonderful warm glow. Beautiful! I'm hooked. photo from flickr




photo used with permission

I'm loving what this gal did on top of the armoire with her collection of milk glass! Isn't it pretty?

5 comments:

dawn klinge said...

So pretty! If you ever want to go antiquing with me...give me a call!

Jane said...

What a neat idea, it really gives such a warm glow. It makes me want to go shopping at the thrift store:)

Miller Moments said...

Question for you....I've been out and about antiquing and thrifting...how can you tell if it's real milk glass?

Kristen said...

Kristi, I did some quick research on this and couldn't really find anything... I think if it's white and it's glass, then you're good. Both my pieces are stamped with made in the USA, and are the "hobnail" glass. But, I think if you want that "cool candle glow" any old white glass container would work. Have fun!!! Take lots of photos!

Lisa said...

I love milkglass, especially hobnail. I have never thought to put candles in it, thanks for the great idea.