photo from flickr

Monday, March 2, 2009

solar system

photo from Domino magazine
The other day as I was flipping through Domino magazine for some decorating inspiration, this cute room caught my eye. Whenever I see a photo of a cute kid's room I examine every detail, trying to see if there is something I could duplicate at our house.

So, even though it's small notice the crocheted solar system hanging from the ceiling of this bedroom. How cool is that? Wouldn't this be awesome hanging in a playroom, home school area or, of course, a bedroom? I'm just loving this! I don't know how to crochet, but it doesn't seem like it would be too advanced to do a sphere, right?
While I was searching for solar systems, I came across the fantastic felted necklace over at Etsy from this seller. So cool!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Love the solar system! I might try that since I'm now an expert (ha ha) crocheter! I love Etsy, just bought a headband on Saturday and can't wait for it to arrive.

Joy said...

You're right! That solar system is great. Seeing both of those makes me think that solar system could also be felted. Hmmmm...

Kristen said...

Joy - I would LOVE to learn more about felting!! It's so neat!

dawn klinge said...

You could do this...you could make a felted solar system. That would be so cool! Felting isn't difficult at all.

bethany actually said...

Kristen, crocheting spheres is not hard at all! If you decide you want to try it, let me know and I'd be happy to give my snowball pattern to you which could easily be adapted to planets. Or if you want to place a custom order with me, we could talk about that too. :-)

Delena said...

Okay, looks like we need to get together and learn to crochet spheres because I could totally use that! We just finished a little solar system study. Heck, I was just going to wad up a ball of yarn til I saw you could crochet a sphere. Great idea, though.