I try to limit myself to slipping into thrift stores to only once a week. Of course, with garage sale season coming up - I may not be able to stick to that rule. Some of my recent finds:

I've recently fallen in love with the color orange. I'm craving to bring more of this color into my life! I scored these wooden candle holders for only $2! They are from the 1950's and bring a bright spot to my otherwise neutral kitchen. I'm hoping to thrift enough orange goodies to put together a table setting like the one below from Pottery Barn.

I have a decorating book that talks about how color can transform our lives and moods. In a nutshell it says this about orange:
"orange is a vibrant color linked to health and vitality. It is also associated with enthusiasm and optimism - a good welcoming color for hallways. Ideal for north facing rooms which need warming up, and a great choice for places where conversation needs to be stimulated."
This GAP jacket was a little more of a thrift splurge at $5, but I think it will look cute this spring with a jean skirt and boots. It reminds me of Easter pink.

At the hospital where our kids where born, the doctors there always give each newborn their first book. Havah was given
Goodnight Moon, so of course it's become a favorite of ours. I was pretty happy to find this framed print for only $1 and now, it has happily found it's place in Henry's room.
4 comments:
Great finds! I especially like the Good Night Moon print! What a great treasure. Those are great prices too, where in the world to you go? I was at three thrift stores in the past few days and never saw anything priced that good.
What a lovely personal thing for the hospital to do. I really like that jacket, great find!
PS - were did you find the moss you used to cover your letters? SUCH a fantastic idea! Is the moss dried or (bit worried this is a REALLY silly question) do you water it to keep it green?
hey there! That moss is pretty cool, isn't it? It's called Reindeer Moss and you can buy it at your craft store - Michael's or I got mine at a place called Craft Warehouse. It has been dried (although it feels a little rubbery) and doesn't need to be misted or anything. I bought some similiar moss (it's not reindeer moss) on a roll that also has that nice bright green color. Either one works great.
I'm finishing up my letter and will post a photo soon. Let me know how yours goes! :)
One more thing - I couldn't get to the party store to buy a pre-cut letter, so I ended up cutting it out of cardboard. It worked great.
Post a Comment