Last week, Jane, from Enchanting Home Life sent me this sweet watermelon award. If you haven't visited Jane's blog...you should! She's a homeschooling Mom of 5 with all kinds of inspiring ideas both for moms and children! Thank you, Jane! :)So, for this award, I'm supposed to list 6 things that make me happy! I guess I don't often stop to think of things that bring joy and in turn, count my blessings...so this was refreshing!
1) My husband. He is my favorite person in all the world and I adore him. He is loving, caring and so gosh darn funny. He makes me laugh until I cry on a regular basis. Love that.
2) My kids. Some days I just can't believe that God gave these children to me. How can I be so blessed? I only pray that I can be the mother that God called me to be.
3) Magazines. I loooove reading magazines. Decorating, fashion, home improvement and yes, celebrity gossip. I try to reserve my magazines for the kids' quiet time so I can get on the treadmill and read one from front to back. I like to think of it as multitasking. :)
4) Thrifting. This love has just developed since I've had kids. It started with the quest to find inexpensive board books when my eldest was a baby. Now I eagerly anticipate when I can squeeze some thrift store shopping into my week. I'm especially enjoying finding a way to use thrifted things in a repurposed way.
5) Homeschooling. I am loving getting to know my children on an academic level - beyond the traditional Mommy/child relationship. How wonderful it is to cater their learning plans to best suit their learning styles and academic strengths.
6) Being creative. Like most mothers with busy children, I dedicate much time to my creativity. But it is so energizing to nurture my creative side. My favorites are knitting, sewing, and painting/decorating our home. On my list of things to do...make a very basic quilt!
In turn, I'd like to pass on the watermelon award to 6 of my favorite decorating and thrifting blogs. Apron Thrift Girl, Thrift Candy, Thrifty Decor Chick, Heather Smith Jones, Little Green Notebook and The Nesting Place. All 6 of these ladies blog about how to shop, decorate and dress on a budget!
3 comments:
Congrats on your award! You deserve it and even though I've known you forever, it was still fun to read a little more about you.
Aw, thanks so much for the award and also the sweet comment! It's always nice to hear you've inspired someone :)
What a sweet, happy post! Congrats on the award. I use magazine reading as a treat for myself...love 'em.
Post a Comment