photo from flickr

Thursday, July 23, 2009

he'll be proud of me...

...my husband, that is. I have stacks of decorating magazines and catalogs that I've been holding onto because there is one or two ideas in each of them, things I'd like to do in our home. Today I went through and tore those pages out, scanned them in the computer and am going to put them here. This little blog has been suffering lately for want of creative inspiration. I think the combination of trying to sell our house and in the process keeping everything decluttered and tidy has forced me into decorating blah land (just made that up, clever, no?). But today, I'm looking forward to the future, of what our new, probably much smaller home in the city will be like and found some comfort in putting my ideas here. Now I can toss all those magazines! This quote is one that I've always loved. Something to strive for...
In this one, I'm loving the use of the child's silhouette. For me, decorating has to be personal. This is a sweet, classic way to do it.

As most of you know from these posts, I'm a big fan of displaying my kids' artwork. High on my list of things to do for my youngest is a self portrait in the color scheme of one of our rooms.


In this day and age, salvaging is so popular. My husband and I were talking about a very cool desk from Pottery Barn the other day, with a very hefty price tag. The good news is consumers don't have to buy from Pottery Barn anymore in order to achieve good style. For a fun salvage blog visit here.

I have two common decorating themes. One is having a gallery wall. I've never quite made my wall this impressive, but I'm striving for it sometime in the future. There is something very English about gallery walls - which I love.

Here is another example of a gallery wall, but in a entry way. On our list of things we'd like in our new home, one is an entry way that can house a little bench. This quaint spot is so appealing to me.


I pulled this one because of the blackboard wall. It's hip and it's very functional.

3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Very good idea to scan those pictures and toss the magazines....I need to do that. I love your taste in decorating. That blackboard wall is so cool.

Delena said...

That blackboard wall would be soooo functional! Imagine all the little notes you could write.

Miller Moments said...

I love the blackboard wall too! And I love the gallery walls. My problem is that when I hang things, they never look like that!